Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Friday 18 June 2010

MAC Pigments: A Review

Review as seen on beautyjudge.com

MAC pigments are stunning. Anyone who loves stand-out statement eyes will love these products. Your eyes will really pop on photos with a mac pigment.

MAC have many shades of pigment. If you aren't too keen on spending £15 on a pigment then think about getting one that is versatile - such as MACs vanilla pigment which you can use as a highlighter too - it looks great under the brow bone and when placed in the inner corners of the eye.

The pigment in these shadows is incredibly intense. You need a very small amount - literally a light dab of the brush and you will have enough product to cover one if not both of your eyes well. If you want real intensity then use a couple of coats - the thing with pigment is build up the colour by dabbing it onto your lid with a flat shadow brush - don't dunk a fluffy shadow brush into the pigment and start swirling it all over your eye lid or you are going to have fallout all over your face! The thing about pigments that I love is how well they blend - you can create some seriously stunning looks. They blend effortlessly.

I always use a base with any pigment to make sure it stays on - I would say that MACs staying power without a base is better than that of Barry M's Dazzle Dusts.

Sometimes I like to wet my brush when applying the pigment - to create a paint pot like texture - and then go over with another eyeshadow - for example I like to put black eyeshadow over my teal paint pot.

The best thing about these pigments is that they seem to last forever! I have had mine for so long and they look like they haven't been touched! They are a versatile product! Mix them with clear nail varnish for a unique nail polish! Mix them with clear gloss for a new gloss colour!

I really recommend anyone who loves experimenting with their eye make up for purchase a mac pigment!

No comments:

Post a Comment