Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Monday 14 June 2010

Get a St. Tropez style summer glow with St. Moritz

purchased this product after hearing about it on lollipop26's youtube channel. I was a bit sceptical as I had decided to go for the "pale and interesting" look after so many fake tan disasters (to the amusement of my flat mates). I was wrong to be sceptical.

This product really is fantastically good value for money - I was shocked with how good the results were for such a low priced product...

This is allegedly a copy of St. Tropez's tanning mousse which retails at £20 for 120ml..only this product retails at £2.99 for 200ml!!!

I like the fact that this is a tinted mousse - you can see where you are applying and where you have missed. The colour takes around 4-6 hours to develop - and when it does develop it doesn't give you an orange tan - but a beautiful bronzed beach tan!It dries quickly on application and it didn't stain my clothes or my bedding - like so many others have! When I woke, I showered and the results were spectacular - no streaks, no horrific ankles, knees or elbows and no biscuity smell. My tan looked flawless. The fragrance of this product isn't overly offensive - once you have showered I find that you can't smell anything - unlike other fake tans that seem to make you feel smelly and sticky all day..You don't go through tonnes of the stuff either when you are applying - I feel like I haven't really dipped into my 200mls yet!

My only suggestion to you regarding this product is that you use a tanning mitt or latex gloves when applying instead of "washing hands after application" as the product suggests you can do. I used my hands and I couldn't get the stuff to budge.

This is a very reasonably priced fake tan BUT it isn't very accessible. I have heard that you get get it from the T J Hughes website and some discount cosmetics websites such as fragrance direct. I got mine from home bargains - so if there is a home bargains store near you then keep your eye out.

I would definitely recommend this product to frequent fake tanners - and also to faketan-phobes such as myself!

*I would like to stress that I always exfoliate and moisturise before applying fake tan - and my results and review of the product is based on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment