Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Sunday 13 June 2010

High Beam...

This is a fantastic highlighter for pale skin tones (for those of you who are more warm toned then you should use moon beam).

This product looks great over the top of your foundation. Its good to highlight your cheekbones and browbone for more definition. I apply my highlighter in a "C" shape going around the eye.. from the middle of the brow bone to my cheekbone.

The formula stays on all day - you won't need to take this out with you for reapplication!

The good thing about this highlighter is that it isn't too glittery - if you apply it well then it will give you an effotless natural glow. I find that this product looks really nice when a little is applied to the cupids bow of your top lip - it really makes your upper lip look fuller and plumper.

For those of you who want to add a glow to your entire face - you can add a little of the moon beam formula to your foundation for a fresh faced look - similar principle to Eyeko's highlighting cream.

This product lasts forever as you don't need to use lots - a couple of dabs of the product will more than do the trick.

I think with this product you need to experiment with it first to get good results. I always find that it is best to pat this product in with my fingers onto the skin as opposed to rubbing it in or using a brush. If you rub the highlighter into the skin I find that it can make the area look patchy. I do think that you need to blend it well for the best results.

Another thing that I am not to keen on regarding the product is the nail varnish style applicator that it has.. I think that it would be better packaged in some other way.. or the product might be improved by having a different brush.

I do think that benefit can be too expensive sometimes and in this instance I think that product isn't that great value for money. If you love benefit products and a bit of a Benefit junky then go for it - if not then get down to superdrug and get MeMeMe's cheaper version.

No comments:

Post a Comment