Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Monday 14 June 2010

A Haul lot of fun..

Today I had a mad dash around my local discount cosmetic store - you know the kind of place - sells products available in the UK under a different name, label is in another language etc. As I was strapped for time I didn't get much - but I was pretty pleased with my super speedy purchases.

First I picked up a Zeal Tanning mitt. I can never find tanning mitts anywhere - so I was pleasantly suprised when I came across this. If anyone does know where I can pick up a tanning mitt can you let me know?! I think there is nothing worse than managing to get a streak-free tan, only to end up with hands which glow as though they are radioactive.

I picked up 4 nail varnishes. 3 from w7 and 1 revlon. I must admit that I thought I had stumbled across a huge crate of OPI nail varnishes in the store. After getting overexcited I realised that the varnishes I had come across were infact we7 - their packaging is almost identical to OPI! The colour selection is fantastic - I picked up the colours Grey, Lavender Pearl and Suede! The revlon nail varnish I bought was in Sheer Mauve.

I purchased two lipsticks - one revlon (superlusterous lipstick : pearl finish: silver city pink) and the other maybelline (watershine diamonds: iridescent rose diamonds: 111). Both very light nudey pinks - sheer and subtle with a hint of sparkle.

After asking the assistant if she knew of a good full coverage concealer available in the store. She immediately recommended the Fudge camouflage concealer in light no.1. I have heard many good things regarding Fudge's hair product line but haven't come across any reviews of their make up line. I will give this product a fair trial and let you know!

Finally I purchased Rimmel's lasting finish mineral powder foundation in ivory. I must admit that I am a mineral foundation virgin - as I have always been happy with the coverage and finish that my Revlon colourstay has given me. Being new to mineral foundations I didn't want to spend a fortune - so I thought that this product would introduce me to the world of mineral make up without breaking the bank.

Sorry for the lack of photos guys - my blackberry produces pics of a terrible quality and I currently camera-less due to an incident involving leaking batteries! Hopefully I will be equipped with a camera soon and filling your blog feed with my dire photography skills.

1 comment:

  1. The Tanning Mitts are made by a UK company called SLG Beauty (registered Synlatex Ltd). See the website www.slgbeauty.com They are a patented product and sold into Boots, Superdrug, St. Tropez and many own brands.

    ReplyDelete