Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Johnson's Holiday Skin Review

As seen on beautyjudge.com

I must say that as a pale blonde who loves a tan but always burns when this product came out a few years ago I was dying to try it.

I really hate the whole laborious process of applying fake tan - wearing a mit, trying to get it off my hands after, getting it all over my pyjamas or clothing in the morning - I thought this was the answer to my prayers - but it wasn't. At first I thought that I had just had overly high expectations of the product - but after further use.. I believe it really is just a bad product.

Firstly the smell - this product really does have the classic "biscuit" smell.. this is one of the worst smelling fake tan products I have ever used. It manages to make your clothing and bedding smell - and I have had several friends comment on a smell which seems to be following them round - which was Me (after I have showered may I add) and my holiday skin coated body! This stuff seems to seep out of your pores none stop - It made me feel sticky and uncomfortable all day long - no perfume will mask this stuff!

Secondly the results - I find that this product ALWAYS goes streaky. At first I blamed myself - I must be applying it wrong - but after careful application my legs always looked patchy - the colour distribution was awful. Take extra special care if you are applying this to your elbows, ankles and knees. If you apply the fake tan moisturiser the next night it tends to go even patchier - If you try to wash it off it goes flakey, you really can't win with this product.

Whatever you do DON'T put this on your face - it goes very greasy, breaks you out within 24 hours and makes you look like you are suffering from jaundice - be warned.

I find this product over time very drying. I began developing patches of dry skin on my shins and even small reddened areas began appearing. The product really disagreed with me.

If you are considering getting a fake tan moisturiser for everyday use I would suggest Dove's Summer Glow which I think works better and smells less offensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment