Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Sunday 17 January 2010

Teal Smokey Eye Tutorial




Ok so I thought I would give a tutorial a bash - I did this look on a friend who wanted something to make their brown eyes "pop" - but I think that this look would suit pretty much anyone - I have blue eyes and I like it!

There are every few products used in this look and they are pretty much standard colours that you can find in any drugstore or department store :)

Step 1) Prime the eye! I used clinique touch base for eyes - apply it all over the eye - this will ensure that your eye make up is going to stay in place all day!

Step 2) I used the Rimmel Colour Rush Trio in Twilight Zone. There are 3 colours a brilliant white, a silvery grey and a carbon black colour. Firstly apply the silvery grey all over the lid - stick to the lid - don't go into the crease. I then use the carbon black eyeshadow for the crease, place the brush against the corner of your eye and then brush it back and forth through your crease - most of the colour should be concentrated in the outer corner of your eye. Next use the brilliant white colour to highlight your brow bone and tear duct (the inner corner of your eye). Blend the colours with a fluffy brush so that there are no sharp lines.

Step3) I then used a teal colour (mine was a teal colour from the Ruby and Millie Perfect Eyes Palette). I then concentrate this colour on the outer half of the lid and blend in towards the inner corner - but leaving a gap so that some of the silvery grey can still be seen.

Step 4) Use a gel liner (I used a benefit gel liner) to line your upper lash line. Smudge this line out the outer corners of your eye. You can also do the same to the lover lashline if you wish.

Step 5) Curl your eyelashes with eye lash curlers and apply a generous amount of mascara! I used maybelline's colossal in black!

No comments:

Post a Comment