Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Thursday 14 January 2010

Maybelline The Colossal Mascara

I purchased this mascara in the glam black shade after I had heard so much hype surrounding it.

This mascara claims to add upto 7 times the volume of your lashes. I don't think that it is a miracle product - It does add volume but not as much as other products I have tried. As for length - if short and stumpy lashes are your problem then I don't think that this product is going to help you very much, I don't think this is the best lengthening mascara out there. What I will say is that I found that this product held a curl well and kept my lashes looking defined all day.

The formula isn't clumpy on application and is very buildable. Personally I find that the product (for a waterproof mascara) smudges and takes a long time to dry in comparison to other mascaras that I own. But the formula doesn't flake and give that dreaded fallout.

The brush is HUGE and very easy to use - this product is relentlessly compared to the covergirl lash blast. So if you are a fan on the lash blast then you will probably love colossal. Also the packaging for this mascara is bright and funky.

What I would say is that if you are wanting a great mascara and you don't mind spending a bit extra - I would skip colossal and go for the benefit bad gal - awesome mascara :)

If you liked this review check out my profile :) here you will find my other reviews and a link to my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment