Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Sunday 10 January 2010

Benefit Dandelion

Benefit Dandelion is a great everyday blush which suits a multitude of skin tones - but looks especially nice on fairer skin tones. This blush is great to use for a subtle hint of colour or can be built up for a more dramatic effect.

The colour looks beautiful in the box - a beautiful rose pink with a hint of shimmer ( a luminous shimmer, not a glitter shimmer) - which gives a beautiful glow to the face. The colour payoff for this product is good - but I find that the product doesn't last all day - to rectify this you could try to use something like a cream colour base from MAC underneath.


The packaging is beautiful and quirky - like the majority of Benefit products have! The box is a little impractical - it is made of a card and gets damaged overtime.



I am not a huge fan of the brush that comes with the product and wouldn't recommend using it with this blusher - stick to brush you normally use in my opinion! My main issue with the brush is the texture of the bristles - I find them very stiff and scratchy - an impossible combination for good blending!

This is a lovely blush, and if you are a big Benefit fan then I think that this is definitely one for your collection - however this is a pricey product - especially when I don't think the colour is that unique or particularly jaw dropping on application.



1 comment:

  1. I've got Dandelion, Throb and I've just brought Coralista. Dandelion was the first one I owned. I've probably had it for about two years now and haven't really used it much since Throb but over the last month or so, I have found myself reaching for dandelion. I think I've grown in to it again!
    http://essjay23x.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete