Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Friday 8 January 2010

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser


This moisturiser is the third step in the clinique 3 step skin care system. I personally found the first two steps in the system too harsh for my sensitive but found that the moisturiser worked well.

The advatages of this product are that it doesn't leave skin feeling too greasy/oily - instead skin looks healthy and refreshed. I find the formula has a nice consistency (not too thick) and doesn't leave a residue like some moisturisers do. The product doesn't have a fragrance - so for those of you who like a product to just do the job without the added overpowering scent that might be a bonus!

The big disadvantage for this product is that it doesn't contain an SPF which I think is essential for a daily moisturiser. The SPF protects your skin for the sun and reduces the damage that it can cause - hopefully keeping you looking younger for longer. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product to someone who has high sun exposure in their everyday living. Considering the product doesn't have an SPF included I think the product is a little pricey at £17.50 per 100ml. If you are going to spend that kind of money on a daily moisturiser I would recommend getting a daily moisturiser with an SPF15 or SPF30 in the formula which will hopefully be an worthwhile investment in your skin longterm.

Saying that if you aren't bothered about an SPF and want a good moisturiser that isn't going to clog your pores and will keep your skin glowing then I can't fault this product.

2 comments:

  1. Oops, I can not believe that I did not even realise my twice daily moisturiser did not have an SPF!!! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels so nice tho doesn't it :(

    ReplyDelete