Welcome to The Beauty Review!

Hi Beauties!

Welcome to my new page! Here I will be reviewing beauty products ranging from the best bronzer for a night out - to the best hair taming products for those bad hair days! Keep an eye out for new posts regularly :)

Sunday 18 July 2010

Victoria Jackon Shimmer Powder Brush in Bronze Review

I hate saying bad things about products - but I must be honest in my review. I tried out the Victoria Jackson shimmer powder brush in Bronze. I was sent this product be beauty judge. After researching Victora Jackson on the net I was very excited to try this product.

I really wasn't impressed with this product - at all. I am fair skinned and generally use more subtle bronzers which add a nice flush of colour. If you are looking for a natural looking subtle bronzer then stay away from this product like the plage. The tone of this bronzer is very orange and looks more vicky pollard than victoria jackson. This product wouldn't work well on someone with a lighter skin tone as a high lighter is far too dark.

As the name of the product suggests this product is packed with shimmer. If you have large pores on your face this product is going to drawn attention to them and make your skin look worse.

I didn't find this product easy to blend at all and felt that it looked very patchy on my skin. I had to spend a long time trying to blend it out with a kabuki.

The brush is terrible. It deposits far too much of the product - it doesn't deposit a small amount which you can build up - but large orange blobs on your face which you then have to try to blend out. The brush itself doesn't have particularly soft bristles and feels very cheap considering this product's price tag.

I was so unimpressed with this product and disliked the results so much that I was tempted to take it off before I went out. I felt that it made me look very tacky and cheap.

I think that the price for this product is an absolute rip off! There are so many other amazing bronzing and highlighting products out there which are much better value for money! Don't waste your money on this product..

The only good things about this product is that it has good staying power (probably because it deposits so much on your face) and the packaging is fairly classy - black and simple (think they may have been try to imitate MAC).

*Please bear in mind that this review is based on my own skin type and this product may look differently on your own skin tone.

youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/emzeet

No comments:

Post a Comment